Are you expecting a raise at work? Perhaps you’re inheriting some money or receiving a gift of it? Are you confused about what to splurge it on? Will you heed our suggestion on how to do so in ways that will give your home that “extra touch” that you’ve always wanted? If you will, then read ahead to find them…!
- Bigger may not always mean better; but sometimes it does – since you’re splurging, why not splurge on one thing big? If your entertainment system is outdated, or your television can benefit with an upgrade; do so. If you already have a good TV, give your home a theater “feel” by installing surrounding sound systems for your entertainment unit.
- Repurpose your attic or amazing wine cellars – almost every old house has a one or both of these. And chances are that they are either not used at all, or used as only a store room. Time to change that. give them repurpose by converting them into something more useful to you and your family today; like a library or a home office.
- Give in to the impulse and buy that fancy coffee machine you want – are you a coffee addict? What about the rest of your family? Do you all drink enough espresso to make your local businesses happy? If you feel that you do, why not buy your home that rocket espresso machine (or whatever other fancy coffee machine) that you’ve been eyeing?
- Re-do the flooring and give your entire home a newer look – the walls of our homes are definitely treated better than our floors. After all, that’s what people generally tend to notice. This time, instead of splurging on the walls, do so on the floors. Trust us, it will definitely give you that extra touch you are aiming for.
- Upgrade your kitchen appliances and other electronics – if you want to splurge on your home, but don’t mind that it is not done so in a way to be noticed to the public eyes, then splurge on your kitchen. Upgrade your kitchen appliances and other small electronics related to the kitchen. Buy yourself a new dinnerware set, or get your silverware professionally polished. These are small things that do a long way.
- Change the upholstery of the sofas and dining table chairs – with use and time, the upholstery of the family sofas and dining table chairs tend to deflate and lose their comfort. If you are not willing to part with it, and you feel their worth is more than those newer models you can buy, splurge on your existing one. Replace the upholstery and get new cushions to match it…